Planning a pregnancy? Already pregnant? Have MTHFR? This is for you:
Shop the Optimal Prenatal line by Dr. Lynch:
Folic acid during pregnancy is commonly recommended.
Dr Lynch has done the research and understands why folic acid should not be used during pregnancy.
Get a copy of Dr Lynch’s book, Dirty Genes.
Folic acid is recommended during pregnancy to reduce neural tube defects.
However, neural tube defects are not caused by a folic acid deficiency.
Why are we supporting pregnancy with folic acid if neural tube defects are instead caused by:
– defects in folate metabolism
– methylation deficiency
– lack of natural folate (not synthetic folic acid)
Instead, reduce the risk of neural tube defects and optimize your pregnancy by:
– supporting methylation
– supporting with the active forms of folate
– replenishing nutritional deficiencies
Connect with Dr Lynch:
– Facebook –
– Instagram –
Additional resources as mentioned in the presentation:
– Prenatal Supplementation: Optimizing your future child
– Folic Acid is Affecting You Negatively
Learn more about our wholesale program: